AS Media Coursework

Sunday 6 February 2011

Audience Research

Everybody has a different taste in films and the Thriller genre is not for everyone and this is probably because Thriller is aimed at a certain age and gender. Whilst I was researching, I have found graphs and figues that show the differences between age and gender on who is most likely to enjoy and watch Thriller films and who is not.





The type of audience who stereotypically would enjoy Thrillers would be someone who likes to work out the mystery for themselves and people who are intrigue by mystery. From this graph we can see that people who most likely to enjoy or watch Thrillers are people who are in the category of 50+. I think this is unusual as I would of thought that people who enjoyed Thrillers more would be younger audiences.




From this graph, which analyses the gender who enjoys and watches more Thrillers, we can see that women are more likely to watch Thrillers. I found this pretty suprising as I would of thought that men are more into the jumpy films with a sense of thrill.

No comments:

Post a Comment